It appears that infinity isn’t that far away.
Disney Interactive surprised most of us by announcing they were going to end service to their popular Disney Infinity platform. Today, more details were announced, as a timeline was sent via E-mail to anyone with an attached account. The content of which outlined a schedule of events, removing different features from the game, until the inevitable March 3rd date, where Disney will discontinue “All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions.”
The E-mail, addressed to any and all “Toybox builders,” starts by trying to put at ease a few concerns many of us had.
“The console versions of Disney Infinity will continue to operate as usual,” wrote the interactive team. “With full access to figures and play sets only with the exception of community content features and online multiplayer.” It was also specified that community content will still be available, maintaining the ability to upload and download creations, until September 30, 2016.
A lot of the details surrounding the timeline can be found on the FAQ page of Disney, but I’ll cite them for quick reference here.
As of today (July 29, 2016)
- No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
- You can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
As of September 30, 2016
- You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
- Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
- Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
- All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
Were you one of the users playing Disney Infinity? Are you bummed out they aren’t going to continue support? Let us know!
Devon McCarty was so pissed when they decided to discontinue the game. But he’s over it…sorta. You can hit him up on the Watch. Chat. Play! Facebook page , chat to Devon @DesignatedDevon via Twitter or just drop some sweet comment love here.