The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, developed by CD Projekt Red, has been awarded the Game of the Year at The Game Awards 2015. The award show, hosted by Geoff Keighley, which spawned from Spike TV’s Video Game Awards, is in its second year. Last year’s Game of the Year winner at The Game Awards was Dragon Age: Inquisition. It was also Analog Addiction’s Game of the Year for 2014.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt beat out Bloodborne, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and Super Mario Maker for top prize. The award was jury voted, with 30 international media representatives voting on the award.
Analog Addiction gave The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt the highest possible score when we review it earlier this year. To celebrate the success of The Witcher 3, why not pick up one of the Witcher themed goodies from our Holiday Gift Guide?
Here’s the full list of winners from The Game Awards (The list will be updated with winners as they appear on The Game Awards’ official website):
- Developer of the year – CD Projekt Red
- Best Independent game – Rocket League
- Best Mobile/ Handheld game – Lara Croft Go
- Best Narrative – Her Story
- Best Soundtrack – Meta Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Best Performance – Viva Seifert (Her Story)
- Games for Impact – Life Is Strange
- Best Shooter –
- Best Action/Adventure – Meta Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Best Role Playing game –
- Best Fighting game – Mortal Kombat X
- Best Family game – Super Mario Maker
- Best Sports/ Racing game – Rocket League
- Best Multiplayer – Splatoon
- Best Art Direction – Ori and the Blind Forest
In other news from The Game Awards, a teaser trailer was shown for a Telltale Games developed Batman game coming in 2016.