Rocket League, the soccer game with cars, has been played by 8 million players. Gamespot reports that the milestone was announced by developer Psyonix today, along with the release of new downloadable content. The new content, available today, is called Chaos Run and is Mad Max-inspired.
The DLC, available on both PlayStation 4 and PC for $4 (US), includes:
- 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
- 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
- 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
- 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
- 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
- 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
- 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball – Wasteland)
- 5 New Trophies (PS4) and Achievements (Steam)
A free update also drops with the content, giving all players a new, non-standard “Wasteland” Arena, new post-apocalyptic theme music (“Scorched Earth”, by Kelvin Riepl), and new Garage items.
Gamespot also reports that a partnership between Valve and the Rocket League developer brings Portal-themed content to Rocket League today, which can be earned as awards for finishing games.
Analog Addiction reviewed Rocket League earlier in the year, loving how fun the game is.
Rocket League is currently available on PC and PlayStation 4.