Word Puzzles by POWGI will soon be the first indie game to feature full amiibo support.
The amiibo support isn’t limited to just figures, however. Not only will all current and future amiibo figures be supported, but the extra content extends to the cards as well.
Amiibo will provide user-generated puzzles. The puzzles are created based on the nickname players give an amiibo.
The press release used Cuddles for a Yarn Yoshi amiibo and Chris for a Villager amiibo as name examples. From Cuddles and Chris, it generated the word search and Mixups puzzles respectively below.
Word Puzzles features six different types of puzzles, which were each described in the game’s press release below.
• Word Maze – Like a wiggly word search! Find the words and solve the maz
• Mixups – A fiendishly difficult anagram puzzle with three words all jumbled together!
• One Word – The word search puzzle where there’s only one word to find!
• Flowers – Plant pairs of letters around the flower to grow six words with a common middle!
• Circles – Three overlapping circles hide three connected words. Find the missing letter to unscramble them all!
• Crossovers – Crossword puzzles with only one letter missing, which come together to solve a clue!
Word Puzzles by POWGI can be dowloaded in the U.S. and Europe for $9.99, €9.99 and £7.99 sometime in 2015. A demo will also be available soon.
Robbie Key is the Nintendo editor for Analog Addiction, Assistant News Editor for The Daily Sentinel and former editor-in-chief of The Pine Log at Stephen F. Austin State University, where he is now an alumnus. Follow his completely relevant Twitter updates, watch his awesometacular YouTube videos and view his LinkedIn profile.